Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Oooops Of The Day

Oooops of the day
So it seems that anytime Randy and I do anything together it is equivalent to a couple of two year olds being the full time help.
That being said, I think this thread will have Many additions to it.
Last week, Randy and I BOTH were in the garden planting Beans from seed into the row- actually I (this is important to know) was the one putting those seeds Into the row.
The VERY NEXT Day, we were out there and he said, why do we put those eggplant transplants on that next row. I agreed, and proceeded to plunk them into the ground; digging out  a nice little niche with my fingers for them to sit. I finished and went on to the Next row and had two plants in the ground when I heard a SCREAM from the other end of the garden..........
DIDN'T WE JUST PUT BEANS ON THAT ROW?????????
Oh.
Yes.
I forgot that I had just planted that row the day before.
Oooops/

So, this week we are , again, in the garden, putting out watermelon transplants and planting seeds of watermelons and peas. This is new ground so I didn't plant over anything this time around.
BUT, I asked if Randy wanted me to carry the bag of peas along while he planted, and as he turned to look towards me, he let go of the hand held planter and it fell over- Yes, it was FULL of peas. All over the freshly tilled sandy ground that as you try to pick them up they only get buried deeper and deeper.
At last I just picked up handfuls of dirt and peas and then sifted them back out again.
And this isn't anything new for us- these Oooops, things.
A couple of years ago we were in the feed store looking for some insect control as we were invaded with more insects than we had ever seen and ones we had Never seen before even- ravaging our garden before we could even get over it with our eyes.
So, off to the feed store, found some foul smelling stuff to put on the walk ways between the rows and then found it in a bigger container Right behind and Cheaper even. We BOTH, looked at it and agreed to get that bigger bottle at the better deal. Got home, Randy mixed it up, thought the smell was a little light and different, but didn't think more about it, put it out. LATER that Very day we went out to the garden to check and the plants looked Very sick and wilty. Went back and looked at the bottle again and in Very Plain writing, with Big Letters, it said- WEED KILLER.
Oooops.

No comments:

Post a Comment